Muscle tumors Caused by abnormal growth of cells. The soft connective tissue is created as a group or lump form on the skin and under the skin area. It affects the subcutaneous tissue found in dogs rather than cats. The tumor will spread to the surrounding tissues which hormones and genes also cause subcutaneous tumors.
Tumors developed from connective tissue is a group of connective tissue that has abnormal growth. The tumors can occur as benign tumors or malignant tumors(cancer). Tumors that caused by connective tissue can occur at any part of the body, but most are found on the skin or under the skin.
The exact cause of the disease is unknown. These tumors are often found 15% on the skin, and 7% are subcutaneous tumors. It is also can find that Muscle tumors occur in dogs and cats. And also found that the risk of disease in adults or old age in pets. And most likely occur in large dogs.
- Bad breath
- Difficulty swallowing
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
The symptoms depend on the type of tumor, the area of the tumor, and the severity of the disease, such as tumors in the respiratory system causing vomiting, diarrhea, and weight loss, oral tumors cause bad breath, difficulty swallowing, or loss of appetite, tumors that occur in the nerves May cause pain or abnormalities and nervous problems.
Treatment and Prevention
There are a variety of treatments Muscle tumors such as radiation, chemotherapy and surgery, The most often used treatments are surgery combined with radiation to treat tumors that occur in the same location and use chemotherapy to reduce the spread of tumors.
- Wikipedia | Soft tissue sarcoma in cats and dogs
- Wikipedia | Histiocytoma (dog)
- PET CANCER CENTER | Soft Tissue Sarcomas in Cats and Dogs
- Ehrhar, N (2005). "Soft-Tissue Sarcomas in Dogs: A Review". J Am Anim Hosp A. 41 (4): 241–6.
- Jolle Kirpensteijn. 2006. SARCOMAS OF SOFT TISSUES. Small Animal Veterinary Association Congress. 1 : 549-554.
- Withrow SJ, MacEwen EG, eds. (2001). Small Animal Clinical Oncology (3rd ed.). W.B. Saunders Company.